Officers Subject to Recall:
- Members of boards of education, city council members.
Key Steps in the Recall Process:
- No recall election may be held during the 90 days before or the 90 days after a municipal election.
- No specific grounds are required.
- No time limit for gathering signatures.
- Signature requirement is number equaling 66% of the total vote cast for the candidate receiving the highest number of votes at the last election.
Read the code at Tenn. Code Ann. §6-31-301.
Ruling Due on Recall Effort against Chattanooga Mayor
News & Commentary
Ruling Due on Recall Effort against Chattanooga Mayor | 08/30/12
A ruling on the recall effort against Chattanooga Mayor Ron Littlefield should happen within weeks. The Tennessee Court of Appeals heard from attorneys on August 29 in Knoxville and promised to give a decision as soon as possible with a November election looming 21/2 months away, said Chris Clem, attorney for the Hamilton County Election CommissionClick here for full article.